When you talk about the family history, various forms can be applied to specifically identify the kind of research that you aim to do. These forms include the recorded videos or audios that preserved the history for the forth coming generations and as well as the electronic documents. Certain individuals who use these kinds of method expect to specify where his or her family originated from. Also, he or she expects to know the names of each and every members of the family and as well as the place where the family members got married.
Usually, family histories are created as means of memoirs of the deceased persons and are specifically created to pass on to the next generations onto another.
Below are the types of records that are commonly used to conduct a family history research:
- Registers of electors and the Poll books
- Probate and Wills records
- Records of taxes
- Public records such as the registers of electors, poor law records at UK, and as well as the Social security records at USA.
- Contemporary maps and the property records
- Newspapers such as the advertisements and the news items
- Records at the Military
- Records of marriage
- Family history records on the earlier years
- Directories such as the telephone directories, street directories, and the trade directories
- Ephemera and scrapbooks, family bibles, personal letters, and as well as the daily journals and or the Diary
- Reports of the Coroner
- Census records
- Tombstones and the Cemetery records
- Birth certificates
- Christening records and or the Baptismal records
- Records of the Apprenticeships
These records only includes little amount of a person’s personal details such as the dreams, hopes, hobbies, likes and the dislikes. These types of details will only be acquired if a person gleans on a more detailed researching and as well as using the social history as to with the fact that there are family histories that are published through out a certain society and for purpose publicity and as well as personal reasons and purposes.